Electrician Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Bandwidth Conservator
842 Posts
been wearing a pouch for the last 8 years, i just carry what i need and put everything else in my bag.

i had a back injury last year unrelated to tool pouches. since then i've been given special excercise training with a therapist and my back has never been better.

i really think if you generally stay physically fit and healthy, you wont have as many problems.

Absolutely. A few stomach crunches and some squats and stretching a couple times per week does wonders. Never carry a bunch of tools on your belt. If you get no other physical activity besides electrical and surfin the net, your gonna break one painful part after another. Should be common sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've only just started with the trade but so far, keeping the belt higher up seems to be more comfortable. I agree that regular exercise would help dramatically with reducing pain and chance of injury; but again the most important thing, i would think, is technique.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Most tasks do not require a fully loaded pouch and material pouch. I generally use this pouch for most of the tasks I do. Add a Carhartt nail apron for material and off to work I go.

I do have a positioning belt with a tool pouch material pouch and a rebar hook I use for certain tasks (climbing rebar walls to run the conduit) but it tends to sit in the job box.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.