Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone

I'm a Thailand student , study in Electrical Engineering I'm on year 3 now.

This year I have a assignment , it's a mini project or study something

I'm interesting in Railway Electrification and find the new type of transformer called " Roof-Delta Transformer "

I've found some papers about it but there are many things that make me and my friends really confuse.

First , The phasor of this connection, I can't find one that relate to this connection.

Second , is current distribution.

I need someone to explain to me or give me some paper that about the theory of this connection it would help me a lot.

Thanks you.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
This is the worst and stupid reply I ever have.

If I haven't google for it I wouldn't ask you guys
the article listed in the google search explains the transformer in detail. which part of it do you have questions with ?

http://www.uic.org/cdrom/2008/11_wcrr2008/pdf/I.3.3.6.4.pdf

the article also lists authors and locations of the institute that they worked for (http://www.rtri.or.jp/eng/), which if you were the least bit interested in pursuing, could lead you to more information directly from the authors, or other papers on the subject.

Instead of complaining about the responses to your question, why don't you do what the poster you cussed out suggested, and track
down the information you desire ? Your response to the obvious is poor and extremely immature, at best. Perhaps you would do better
to submit your query to an engineering forum, where some kind souls can spoonfeed you the information you would like to have, but won't read.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
it's a star-delta-open delta, for reasons explained in the link

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the article listed in the google search explains the transformer in detail. which part of it do you have questions with ?

http://www.uic.org/cdrom/2008/11_wcrr2008/pdf/I.3.3.6.4.pdf

the article also lists authors and locations of the institute that they worked for (http://www.rtri.or.jp/eng/), which if you were the least bit interested in pursuing, could lead you to more information directly from the authors, or other papers on the subject.

Instead of complaining about the responses to your question, why don't you do what the poster you cussed out suggested, and track
down the information you desire ? Your response to the obvious is poor and extremely immature, at best. Perhaps you would do better
to submit your query to an engineering forum, where some kind souls can spoonfeed you the information you would like to have, but won't read.
You said that I'm immature but that answer is more immature than me ,, if you don't know about something and you can't find out and you ask someone and they said ,, " go google it " I sure that it would piss you off.

And as I already said in the opening that I want to know about its Phasor and current distribution

In the link that you show
Its winding and current distribution is really confusing me

1. In winding : Is its winding in Roof and Delta Phase connected / tab or separated from each other ?
2. In Current distribution : As its shown in this paper , how can it distribute like this.
3. Phasor : Yeah ,, in this paper didn't show me a phasor of this transformer. How can I know its phasor or how to check it.

I post it here because I just need something or some information that would help me a lot because I don't good/know much in about transformer and I really sorry for my comment before that I shown my immature.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
You said that I'm immature but that answer is more immature than me ,, if you don't know about something and you can't find out and you ask someone and they said ,, " go google it " I sure that it would piss you off.
For a guy asking for free help you sure come across as a jerk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.