Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some walls open and access to my electrical panel, i am thinking of running a line to the other side of the house for a ac ductless unit. Any suggestions of what gauge wire to run? And what size circuit break should i get? I don't know what unit im going to get but will be a split unit with appox 24000btu's.
Thanks in advance

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
probably requires 20a ckt, but run 10 ga if you don't know what you're installing (to the exter unit). (you still need to wire from the outside unit to the inside one)

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've done a couple units. The smaller ones are usually a 2pole 20 but some of the bigger ones I've done needed a 2pole 30. Do some research or pipe it straight to the panel.

·
Premium Member
18,548 Posts
I have some walls open and access to my electrical panel, i am thinking of running a line to the other side of the house for a ac ductless unit. Any suggestions of what gauge wire to run? And what size circuit break should i get? I don't know what unit im going to get but will be a split unit with appox 24000btu's.
Thanks in advance
Something to think about while the walls are open.
Maybe find some 60 amp rated 4 wire and install a nice equipment load center on that side of the house for future use.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Something to think about while the walls are open.
Maybe find some 60 amp rated 4 wire and install a nice equipment load center on that side of the house for future use.
I like that idea because it will help with a receptacle in the vicinity.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,767 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.