Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been in the process of evaluating estimating programs and feel the right choice for our organization is either Accubid Enterprise or ConEst Intillibid, both with the on-screen take off function. Each system has a lot to offer and they each have their own unique features.

For those of you with experience with these systems could you let me know what your opinion is as to why you feel one is better than the other.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have experience with either of these systems but we use win TRF by certin software and use the trade service online pricing updates just wondering if you have tried out this system I have been full time estimating for the last 10 years and I really like this system. We do not use the on screen takeoffs but I believe it is available with this system. Our company also uses this system for all of our billing and invoicing along with all change orders per project.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Otis221 said:
We have been in the process of evaluating estimating programs and feel the right choice for our organization is either Accubid Enterprise or ConEst Intillibid, both with the on-screen take off function. Each system has a lot to offer and they each have their own unique features.

For those of you with experience with these systems could you let me know what your opinion is as to why you feel one is better than the other.

Thanks.
Now come clean and tell us witch one you work for. Then I will give you my 2 cents.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They are both great systems. I believe conest would be the choice. You will not find better customer service. The owner is personally involved with the product. Also there assemblies are the best in the business.

Finally they are right here in the usa, not canada

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have used both and found that Accubid is much better.
I like the way the items and assemblied can be modified on the fly.
The reports ar easily customized without needing Crystal Reports as with ConEst.

ConEst may seem slick when they demo it for you, but you will get a better result with Accubid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now come clean and tell us witch one you work for. Then I will give you my 2 cents.
dawgs, I give you my word, I work for an electrical contractor. Some additional background is that we have found our current system is just not as powerful as we would like, nor does it have the database we require. It's has been an important tool to help us grow the company, but it is time to move on.

To me both systems seem equally awesome with large databases and the ability to make changes on the fly (for those late addendums that come out).

·
Registered
730 Posts
dawgs, I give you my word, I work for an electrical contractor. Some additional background is that we have found our current system is just not as powerful as we would like, nor does it have the database we require. It's has been an important tool to help us grow the company, but it is time to move on.

To me both systems seem equally awesome with large databases and the ability to make changes on the fly (for those late addendums that come out).
We use Accubid for commercial estimating. I like the system.

What system are you using now?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
A couple years back I was in the market for a new estimating program and at first I narrowed it down to 3 choices)McCormick, Accubid & ConEst). After getting a demo from all 3 I then narrowed it down to 2 (Accubid and ConEst) I did some more test driving of both systems and talking to reps from both. Found out the Rep for Accubid could not even answer some of my questions and did not know how to perform some of the tasks with the system. I figured if the one trying to sell the product does not know then there is a good chance anytime I would need customer service they would not be able to help either so I ended up going with ConEst. Support is always there and always helpful. Good luck in making your choice.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They are both good programs. I thought Accu-bid was a little easier to get dialed in to the way I like it, and is what I'm using now. I haven't used Con-Est in awhile, but I liked it also, and their customer service was top notch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used accubid and currently use EBM I feel they all are good the difference is the training you get and the amount of time and effort you spend keeping them accurate. They all can do way more than we will ever do.

·
Estimator
31 Posts
I have used Accubid extensively for more than 20 years and have some experience with ConEst. Which is better? Either is a great tool,
if you are willing to take the system and use it. I once taught using a program called EstMat for the sales agent. It was amazing the people who bought the program and ended up letting it sit on the shelf because they would not take the time to learn to use it. Any of the systems I have used can be customized for the end user, if they just take the time and learn. The program will not estimate by itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts