Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our local authority has discontinued AM or PM bookings so now we have to be prepared to hang around for the entire day (they still allow it for home owners; WTF??) They also impose a $240.00 penalty for no-shows or incompletions.

It's to the point where we have to compensate ourselves for sitting around doing nothing. What do you guys do? I'm thinking of having an adder in our quotes, maybe something that can be waived if the GC makes arrangements.

I don't have to be there for most inspections.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
I wouldn't make it a line-item in your quotes. If you do, you'll end up having to defend it to the customer.

Simply roll the cost into your normal rates just like you would any other expense.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
So our local authority has discontinued AM or PM bookings so now we have to be prepared to hang around for the entire day (they still allow it for home owners; WTF??) They also impose a $240.00 penalty for no-shows or incompletions.

It's to the point where we have to compensate ourselves for sitting around doing nothing. What do you guys do? I'm thinking of having an adder in our quotes, maybe something that can be waived if the GC makes arrangements.

I don't have to be there for most inspections.
You should put that into your calculations so it is part of the grand total.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
More often than not I meet the inspector (I like to socialize:) ) .

I just call them (the inspector) the morning of the inspection and ask when they think they are going to be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.