Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today put all the PVC in for a multi level unit going up in Seattle. No parking on the postage stamp either since the excavator sitting there took 99% of it up. Had to park the van many blocks away in a sketchy area and didn't risk leaving my gear in the van so I wore my pouch and carried my tote. Was eyeballed by several unsavory individuals today. How do you folks address personal security while in less than desirable locations. Obviously staying alert is mandatory but while hunkered down in a 6 foot deep power ditch that's tough.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant say I look the victim part myself at 6'2'' 270. :no: A knife in the back works just the same though.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,876 Posts
I got ten armed drones and an angel named Gabriel .

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Shock-Therapy said:
Springfield makes a nice weapon indeed but is it practical while onsite? Leaving it in the van would be moronic and defeat all purpose as well.
It is for me, but I'm the boss and do what I like.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I've been shot at, stabbed chased threatened etc now I just don't work in those areas. That's been working.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I've been shot at, stabbed chased threatened etc now I just don't work in those areas. That's been working.
now that's an answer.

I try to do same.

I won't work if I have to park "blocks" away (in the hood) unless the parking is secured. I'd rather stay home.

Interestingly, I've had women in the hood threaten to kick my a$$ because of my perceived racial disparity, but not men (wtf ?). The only men that threatened to do it were right there on the jobsite. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts