Electrician Talk banner

Adhesive Cable Mounts for panels

2726 Views 42 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  GladMech
As Splatz said, "I'm a tool junkie".
So, I'm FINALLY working on panels, and am trying to up my game. Looking at Reddit's Cable **** sub, I'm wondering if adhesive cable mounts are a viable, code-worthy, option to help keep a panel nice, tidy & pretty. And, if y'all honestly believe it's a bad idea, what options are available other than shoving wires to the sides & into corners and making nice 90 degree bends?

What say you boys in the field?

Azure Font Rectangle Gadget Electric blue
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Water treatment plant maintenance
1,266 Posts
I bought some old school nylon cable lacing tape. I've been known to use it instead of zip ties in control panels. In a breaker box I normally end up cutting any zip ties off and throwing them on the ground before I put the cover back on.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Yea I've read the NASA manual. I really enjoy obscure stuff like that. There is a navy published one that covers the same stuff. The journeyman I work with was an electronics tech in the navy, worked on a lot of airplanes. It's fun when he opens a box and see the lacing, or spot tie as he calls it, that I've done. Normally leads to him telling the story of when they got new airplanes and he spent weeks cutting spot ties with a razor blade working on them to make them actually work.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
The coolest system I’ve seen for panel building is Satie System.

They bolt together. The wiring goes “behind”.
Those look really cool and would make a clean install. Seems like a royal PITA to trace a wire out, or add/modify something after initial install?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts