Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
That thing looks like it would weigh a ton.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30lbs according to the site. We carry a 4ft 6 ft and an 8ft where I work. This 1 ladder would replace all 3 of them. Check out the site.

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
30lbs according to the site. We carry a 4ft 6 ft and an 8ft where I work. This 1 ladder would replace all 3 of them. Check out the site.
Consider this, if you're thinking about replacing three ladders with one...

How many times have you had more than one of your ladders setup, because you're working in more than one place at the same time, and having two ladders was just darned handy? Having more than one stepladder keeps you from shuffling a single ladder back and fourth between the same two places so often.

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
30 pounds doesn't seem like a whole lot until you have to lug the thing around all the time. If Little Giant starts to make carbon fiber ladders, then I might think about it.

·
stop pickin on Peter D...
775 Posts
Has anyone seen this or better yet, own one. Looks like a pretty handy step ladder.

http://www.littlegiantladder.com/little-giant/ultra-step-fiberglass.html
Well, at least there would be no one climbing up the back of a ladder like that one :eek:

Remember 3-wheelers? They seemed like a pretty clever idea at first... to some. :censored:

Actually, looks like a pretty handy ladder. I would be interested in trying one. May not be a bad idea to have one on a jobsite. I'm sure some guys would adopt it as their own. Sometimes you're going to a room or different floor, and know that you need a ladder, but don't know at first if you need a 6, 8, or 10...

Wondering how easily it adjusts...

... and does it have flat steps or round rungs? ...

... and is there a button that can be inadvertently 'bumped' to send you on a fast track to the lower height :whistling2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wondering how easily it adjusts...
Looks easy enough

... and does it have flat steps or round rungs? ...
I would say round which would most likely be uncomfortable for an extended period of time.

... and is there a button that can be inadvertently 'bumped' to send you on a fast track to the lower height :whistling2:
It locks with weight on it. Need to take pressure off before it can be released to go down

·
Registered
65 Posts
We bought these Little Giant ladders for all our trucks for a number of reasons. It replaces several ladders, collapsed to 5' length it fits inside the truck and does not have to be on the roof rack where it may walk off, the 3rd leg enables it to stand closer to the wall when working in a corner, and the standard side and the 3rd leg adjust independently for height so the ladder can easily be leveled for working on stairs. It is a heavy ladder but its features more than compensate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts