842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aggravating
False
Circuit
Interruption

:laughing:
There has to be way more...

I've actually never had issues with them. (Knock on wood!) Just thought I'd stir it up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
We have been very fortunate and have had very little trouble. We did have a short period with problems do to TV's and vacuums but that was it.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,985 Posts
I know at least on brand- CH BR series that false tripping seems to be currently a thing of the past (they were the worst offenders a mere two years back...).

This however makes me very suspicious due to past bending of the truth by unnamed circuit breaker manufacturers as to how they were effectively protecting circuits and got caught lying. Methinks perhaps there may be no real arc fault protecting going on inside that $39 dollar a pop breaker at all and it is a fancy standard br series breaker with a white pigtail and a button on it..... Almost worth taking one apart, but at $39 bucks , not really..........

·
Mostly Harmless
1,513 Posts
Sorry to spoil the fun and be a downer, but you hit on one of my pet peeves!

An acronym is a word that is formed by an abbreviation. I'm not sure how one would pronounce the word "afci." Afsee maybe? I guess that could be an acronym. Some examples of acronyms are "SCUBA," "VIN," "NATO," "LASER," "RADAR," etc.

Sorry again!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts

An acronym is a word that is formed by an abbreviation. I'm not sure how one would pronounce the word "afci." Afsee maybe? I guess that could be an acronym. Some examples of acronyms are "SCUBA," "VIN," "NATO," "LASER," "RADAR," etc.

I disagree it can be a string of letters such as OMG. Read the rest of Wikipedia definition that you obviously cited.:)

·
Mostly Harmless
1,513 Posts
I disagree it can be a string of letters such as OMG. Read the rest of Wikipedia definition that you obviously cited.:)
Didn't cite Wikipedia, but will check it out! I guess English is, after all, an ever-developing language! If it didn't adapt to the times, I guess it would one day be a dead language like Latin!
Thanks!:)

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
We have been very fortunate and have had very little trouble. We did have a short period with problems do to TV's and vacuums but that was it.

I have been more " Fortunate " .

I have never installed one due to Code Enforced at time and location of work .
or was involved with Service of Bldg.

I do feel sorry for you guys and see a problem forth coming as age takes toll .

AFCI = As For Cash Income

Pete

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Dennis Alwon said:
omg is considered initialism. Acronym has to spell out a word.

·
Registered
31,178 Posts

Debbie Downer

D*CK Durn Instigating Curmudgeon K?????????:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts