Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from a seller an inspector wrote up the two afci breakers for beinf 30 degrees above ambiant. What would be a likly cause other than overloaded?

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
we were told not to stack the early afci's , install every other or so slot in the panel, just for this reason

seriously, you folks didn't know these things ran hot?

christ on a cracker, i've had more complaints on that alone about these infernal devices....

~CS~

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,677 Posts
I agree the run hot but I have never had an issue with them stacked together. I kjust came from a huge home with 4 Homeworks lighting panel -- all filled with AFCI breakers.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,677 Posts
run 'em to full capacity Denny

~CS~
Most residential lighting is not run at full capacity so that may be the difference but an AFCI will emit heat even when there is no load. They used to be very bad about that but I believe the newer generations do not release as much heat as the older ones.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Most residential lighting is not run at full capacity so that may be the difference but an AFCI will emit heat even when there is no load. They used to be very bad about that but I believe the newer generations do not release as much heat as the older ones.

perhaps you're right, seems i did have more callbacks on the older version

i was told, and by a state of VT inspector whom i respected, that i should not stack them back then

~CS~

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.