Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install these systems? I'm installing a system in a school.
I have my cat5 to each class gets a wall phone. From the wall phone we have an 18-2 twisted shielded going to a ceiling speaker.
The trouble I have is the handset had no mention in any paper work as to what taps to use on my ceiling spkr.
I am able to use the handset to communicate with the master phone and vice versa.
I also have hallway speakers which are driven by an amp running on 70 vdc. These are working fine.
I believe the model of the handset is is- ipv....I can't remember . It's been a long day.
Any advice?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have my cat5 to each class gets a wall phone. From the wall phone we have an 18-2 twisted shielded going to a ceiling speaker.
The trouble I have is the handset had no mention in any paper work as to what taps to use on my ceiling spkr.
I am able to use the handset to communicate with the master phone and vice versa.
I also have hallway speakers which are driven by an amp running on 70 vdc. These are working fine.
I believe the model of the handset is is- ipv....I can't remember . It's been a long day.
Any advice?
I install Rauland's systems. Generally we set the classrooms at 1 watt. They have a 2 watt max on each port. I believe Aiphone has a 3 watt max at 8 ohms.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The system was selected way before we got the job...but I'm assuming the tap is on the 25 volt side....as its multi tap multi voltage speakers...

·
Conservitum Americum
8,968 Posts
The system was selected way before we got the job...but I'm assuming the tap is on the 25 volt side....as its multi tap multi voltage speakers...

You can call Aiphone direct as this sounds like an Aiphone designed system. 800 692 0200

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Aiphone does not work well with cat5. They sell their own wire and specify Belden and westpen products..if cat5 is run, support will probably ask you to replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Conservitum Americum
8,968 Posts
Any advice?

Give me some model numbers and I'll look it up for you.

Aiphone does not work well with cat5. They sell their own wire and specify Belden and westpen products..if cat5 is run, support will probably ask you to replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Depends on the system. The AX specifies CAT5.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We've got most issues ironed out at this point.
The wiring is correct with cat 5 it is the IS line.
The speakers needed to be wired bypassing the taps altogether.
The software has a few levels we never went into for setting up external speakers on hand sets.
It seems to be a real simple system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts