Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trade seems to bump into many different systems.
Has anyone here had a positive or negative experience selling alarm monitoring service to your customer base.
I walk by these systems everyday and thought there could be an opportunity there for residual income.

Question, the margins are nice and it looks like service could be either a Goldmine or a pain in the tukhus.
I can buy GMS monitoring for less than $7 per month, maybe could sell for $30, about 300% markup but only about $276 per year per customer.
Customer base would need to be in the 200 plus customer range to make it a part time job.

Is the service where the real money is in this business?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,701 Posts
Our trade seems to bump into many different systems.
Has anyone here had a positive or negative experience selling alarm monitoring service to your customer base.
I walk by these systems everyday and thought there could be an opportunity there for residual income.

Question, the margins are nice and it looks like service could be either a Goldmine or a pain in the tukhus.
I can buy GMS monitoring for less than $7 per month, maybe could sell for $30, about 300% markup but only about $276 per year per customer.
Customer base would need to be in the 200 plus customer range to make it a part time job.

Is the service where the real money is in this business?

I put in 400 and then sold the re-occuring accounts. That is where the real money is at. Bought Apple. I hated alarming the whole time I was in it.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Our shop sells the monitoring. We have it branded to our co. A central station. That answers and responds to all interactions with customers as
Xxx electrical central station...
The monthly cost per account is fairly cheap, depending on several factors.
I believe they set aside account numbers for us to asign to new customers in clusters of 1000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts