Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a North Carolina Licensed electrician. I've operated my business for over 5 years. I'll be relocating to Columbia County NY next year and was trying to find a resource to explain the county based EC "licensing" system. I'm not coming up with much, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I think some counties do and some don't require certification. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm a North Carolina Licensed electrician. I've operated my business for over 5 years. I'll be relocating to Columbia County NY next year and was trying to find a resource to explain the county based EC "licensing" system. I'm not coming up with much, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I think some counties do and some don't require certification. Any help is appreciated.

Columbia county has no requirmenst as far as i know.

City of Albany and Schenectady, you have to have 7 years under a master with 1800 hrs worked per year to qualify to take the test, City of Troy test is not as strick on requirments.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hairbone said:
Columbia county has no requirmenst as far as i know.

City of Albany and Schenectady, you have to have 7 years under a master with 1800 hrs worked per year to qualify to take the test, City of Troy test is not as strick on requirments.
Thanks hair bone. I'm wondering what my experience (all non-ny) would translate into. Any idea where I could find a license application? I'd like to get into Albany.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
Greene Cty. would be your nearest license requirement. Also three areas in Ulster.
Dutchess passed their license requirement but never got it off the ground due to financial restraints.

Hairbone covered the Albany info for you. I had no idea what the requirements were there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts