Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some insight about the 1st year test for apprentice electricians in Alberta. Could someone give me some direction on the types of questions going to be asked and maybe some examples??
The company I work for wants me to challenge 1st and 2nd year tests.... Any help at all would be appreciated!!

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
End of first year test

Oops I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!

It's the test after completion of first year. I was just wondering if anyone had taken it recently and had any tips for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, thanks mikestew I'll go over fire alarms thoroughly.

Well I went to college and was enrolled in the electrical engineering technician program in Ontario but it isn't acknowledged here in Alberta so I have to challenge the tests instead of being exempt from them... Any other things I should be aware or certain sections that will be a strong part of the test let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the modules from the college book store and they have helped quite a bit. There are so many questions in there though!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on whats covered on the exam.. know Edison 3 wire and know codes and regulations for the most part?.. The company I work for (ATCO Electric) will be sending me to school for 3rd and 4th year if I pass the 1st and 2nd tests.

Thanks for the help.

Anymore direction and suggestions are greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also found a great website that has practice questions/exams. The exams do cost money (fairly inexpensive) but it does help prepare for a test for many of the different trades. The website is www.exambank.com for anyone who will be studying for a test soon!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts