Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......2 trips to Lowes, 1 to Home depot, 2 supply houses, GRAINGER! :eek:, and about 2.5 wasted hours along with 1/3 of a tank of gas. I finally picked one up at a SH in a small town about 50 minutes away from me.

I thought this was supposed to be the Cadillac of panels, but how in the world can you push this product if you have to go to the ends of the earth just to get a breaker??!!! Remind me NEVER to install one of these panels..:mad:

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
neither Lowes or Home Depot around here carry half size 2 pole breakers.......occasionally you will find a 15 amp 2 pole in HomeLine or QO, but never for Siemens, Murray, CHBR, CHCH or GE

Ive tried to get my local HD to stock em, but no luck

luckily I have a supplier for every major brand within 20 - 30 minutes from me

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luckily I have a supplier for every major brand within 20 - 30 minutes from me
Mayer was my go-to when I needed a odd breaker. I didn't go there very often, but they would have whatever I needed. Somebody told me they went out of business, about a year ago, well I swung by today and sure enough, they've packed up a moved out.

That's too bad.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why didn't you call 3 out of 3 stores?
Because that would have made too much sense. Every stop I went to I was sure they were going to have it. It wasn't until I hit City that they finally called their branch out in Sanford and found it for me.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Because that would have made too much sense. Every stop I went to I was sure they were going to have it. It wasn't until I hit City that they finally called their branch out in Sanford and found it for me.
do they have a Womack there?

I really hate dealing with City Electric......every branch acts like an independent run store

one is a BR distributor, one is a CH and they never give you the same prices from branch to branch

but next time ya need something like that, call around or PM me......I get really good pricing for almost every brand

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
That's a little shy of 1/4th of the state... I hope the install wasn't on west of the metro area, lol...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a little shy of 1/4th of the state... I hope the install wasn't on west of the metro area, lol...
:thumbsup:
The job was actually between Sanford and Fayetteville, but I spent most of my time running around Fayetteville looking for it.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most big box stores around me don't carry 2-pole 15's for any brand.
All the Lowe's around me carry 2 pole 15 amp homeline, and im pretty sure ive picked up a GE or a seimens before too. Not real common, but with all the mini-splits that the HVAC companies sell around here, they stock just enough to get you by. Because if a homeline or seimens breaker wont fit in your panel, you dont need it. :jester:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
handle tie?
I wont lie, that thought briefly entered my head at the first or second stop. But after that, it sorta fizzled out.

I probably should've done that instead and saved myself a bunch of grief.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
......2 trips to Lowes, 1 to Home depot, 2 supply houses, GRAINGER! :eek:, and about 2.5 wasted hours along with 1/3 of a tank of gas. I finally picked one up at a SH in a small town about 50 minutes away from me.

I thought this was supposed to be the Cadillac of panels, but how in the world can you push this product if you have to go to the ends of the earth just to get a breaker??!!! Remind me NEVER to install one of these panels..:mad:
You're not really an electrician, are you?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're not really an electrician, are you?
Im really a painter. Somehow they mixed up my license at the state exam and I ended up here. :laughing: That must mean there's some electrician out there running a painting company. Poor sucker. :jester:

·
Registered
13 Posts

Lol, I am changing from homeline installs to all CH soon. Numbers are the same, so I am going with CH-CH.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts