Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last year straight, I've been trying to pull everything off my trailer that wasn't getting used. It was amazing how much stuff I took off, but it's even more amazing how much stuff is still on my shelves. Im at the point where I would be hard pressed to trim much more from this inventory.

Everything had to fit into in 1 of 3 categories. (1) daily use, (2) regular use, (3) got to have to make it out alive. The rest got thrown in my shed.

Still, it's a bunch of stuff. It's easy to envy the guys that drive around with one empty shelf in their van and some boxes & wire on the floor. :laughing: Anybody else in the same boat?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
With the down turn in the economy, I built a spreadsheet of excess material that I've got sitting around and set it off to two other areas to see if they can burn it up.. Some of it is stuff I know I'll use, but the quantities are a little higher than I need.. There is still a certain percentage of it, that I'll keep on hand...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I should have snapped a pic of the back of my van before i started hoeing it out today. It gave McClary a run for his money

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
IMG_20141014_152615.jpg

here's a picture of my trailer
1964 U-Haul
I'm going to spruce it up to haul solar panels
:laughing::laughing::thumbup::whistling2:

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
For the last year straight, I've been trying to pull everything off my trailer that wasn't getting used. It was amazing how much stuff I took off, but it's even more amazing how much stuff is still on my shelves. Im at the point where I would be hard pressed to trim much more from this inventory.

Everything had to fit into in 1 of 3 categories. (1) daily use, (2) regular use, (3) got to have to make it out alive. The rest got thrown in my shed.

Still, it's a bunch of stuff. It's easy to envy the guys that drive around with one empty shelf in their van and some boxes & wire on the floor. :laughing: Anybody else in the same boat?
I think you'd reach a point where it's more of a hassle to store or keep moving around. If I don't use it after a year or so, it gets thrown away.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got a pretty unique filing system
Mcclary -

Is that your construction/install van or service van.

I can understand a mess, It means you've been out making money. But I can NOT understand trying to do construction work and service work out of a vehicle like that.

I'm assuming you have 2 separate crews?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I usually go through my truck about 1-2 times a year. If I come across something I didn't use in the last year, it comes off the truck. So far it's been working for me. I remember when I first turned out, I had EVERYTHING in the shop on my truck. Now it's whittled down to the stuff I actually use.

I do a mix of new installs and service in ag, industrial, and commercial.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts