Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's winter here and half of them are covered in inches of ice. I get to chip em all out and get couplers on them. Lol. Wish me luck to get them all working!

Attachments

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
It looks like they were broke off after the framers were done

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i did a gym floor, and the general contractors didnt let me stub anything above the finish. i put pvc couplings on, duct taped, then taped tye raps on 1/4 inch below grade. it troweled off super smooth, and i was able to pop it once with my hammer. i took measurements before they dumped the concrete. worked great. gc let me use their laser transit for height and everything. only had to measure to find one conduit where the power trowel wore off the tye rap. documentation is everything. i think there is something made for this instead of tye raps, but its what i had. black ones stick out better on fresh concrete, and dont forget the coupling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mate said:
No I mean use pvc 90 prefabs instead of going up with ent. Much harder to break. And if if they break it, they chip around it.
Hmm. I don't know what you are talking about I guess. Those are sch 40 90's do you mean something like schedule 80 90's?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cl219um said:
i usually use rigid 90s, if you have ever burned through a pvc 90 while pulling wires in, youd never go back,
We will blow in a jet line and then pull in a mule tape so we shouldn't be burning through them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts