Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost done a control cabinet for another customer, the original company that was supposed to do it went under right at the start so we had to jump in and do a rush job on it....worked out good for us! We just gotta do some clean up on some wiring in the cabinet, I/O checks and bump some motors.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other than their design why have the fuses so high in the cabinet?

Looks great...!!! :thumbsup:
When I layout a cabinet I almost always place the fuses up high, use abit less wire and its usually the first thing I check troubleshooting a cabinet so I like em eye level. The layout needed some adjustments due to the scope of work was maybe 70% done which is also why I love modular cabinets. I did remember why I hate autocad doing this one....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup it's a Rittal cabinet, I am a huge fan of them now. We still use some Hoffman but not as much since we tried these awhile back. We only place the rack up top if there isnt much heat in the cabinet, 4 drives and 4 SSRs wont be much of a issue with the cabinet size and fans.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yup it's a Rittal cabinet, I am a huge fan of them now. We still use some Hoffman but not as much since we tried these awhile back. We only place the rack up top if there isnt much heat in the cabinet, 4 drives and 4 SSRs wont be much of a issue with the cabinet size and fans.
Yeah Rittal make nice panels , been using them here in Oz for years.

Nice work for a rushed job .... Its nice to open a panel and see everything nice and neat and its even better when there,s some schematics in there too..

Frank

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Some of our older cabinets we grouped motors but I prefer to have each component separate and always do my drawings like that, just a personal preference. I like that if a fuse goes I know exactly where to look without going through a bank of motors on one fuse. One fuse set or manual motor starter = one motor = streamlined troubleshooting but again just my preference.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
4,368 Posts
good job

Some of our older cabinets we grouped motors but I prefer to have each component separate and always do my drawings like that, just a personal preference. I like that if a fuse goes I know exactly where to look without going through a bank of motors on one fuse. One fuse set or manual motor starter = one motor = streamlined troubleshooting but again just my preference.
Great looking panels. lots of room not like some euro equipment. I agree about one set of fuses per motor unit, so much better for troubleshooting, I worked on a job at a car plant that was $13,000/min lose for unrecoverable down time, so anything that can save troubleshooting time is a PLUS.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.