Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, recently started a couple projects using aluminum formwork. Obviously they do not want holes drilled in them.
What is everybody using to secure boxes and stub outs with this aluminum system? Any specific products? I'm not finding much on Google searches.

· Registered
Power distribution and controls
2,877 Posts
Specifics please,

You still have to follow the drawings and whom ever decided on metal forms may be in for a shock when you start drilling holes for fastening.

I have done a lot of formed concrete work, used concrete boxes deep, with foam inserts and tape on the out side. Still got concrete inside some of them. We drilled holes for ty wire to hold the box to the face while running the pvc out the back holes.

Not a clue how your going to deal with forms that have a pattern. My parents basement was poured concrete that looked like brick.

· Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
4,148 Posts
I have never been on a site that has used them, but I suspect it is the same as a normal pour installation with wood forms; the wood guys don't want you drilling / cutting their forms either. You set-up your conduits and boxes as the panels go in, securing them to the rebar. Cover the front of the box with insulation, foam or paper and duct tape to keep the concrete out of it. Add sections of conduit as you go up or around securing it tot he rebar as needed. Make use of back-to-back boxes as much as possible unless there is fire issues to deal with.

Cheers
John

· Registered
Master Electrician
595 Posts
Tie wire to the rebar? With wood forms I duct tape boxes and use a single nail through the back of the box. I can see why they wouldn't want nails through the aluminum, though.

Something like this?
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant History Holy places

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.