Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Can't Remember
10,939 Posts
Home Depot has HD Supply which was formerly Maintenance Warehouse. You can order from them online and it looks like they have actual locations too, not just distribution warehouses. Looks like one coming to my area soon. I still use the supply houses for most daily items as well as HD or Lowes. Same reasoning as others for Amazon. I use Amazon for the Levnet wireless switches I like or sometimes dimmers. Grainger for the same reason, someone local can't get it quick enough. There many times I can't wait 2-4 weeks for something.

·
Can't Remember
10,939 Posts
Its the same problem everyone has, how much and what do you keep in stock? If its something that I might need again, I'll try to get the guys to bring it in and maybe spread the word. They try to sell me stuff and I try to get them to carry items. I don't know how many times I have been to shows and spoke with reps about something new that I'd like to try and then go to order some to find out that they won't or I need to buy some quantity that I don't need. If you won't get it for me, I'll go someplace else. Just let me know fairly quickly that you can't or won't. It's not the end of the world either.

·
Can't Remember
10,939 Posts
Developing a good e commerce site is a great idea, but might not be cost effective for you. What do see as the problem? There is always going to be a limit to what you can carry, based upon the brands you represent and the usual battle of inventory. My first choice of supply house can be hard to get over the phone, but I can email or text the counter and they get it done quickly. I think excellent customer service and good relationships with your customers will more than offset this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.