Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Main panel? Feeding branch circuits through service area?

No separation or cover for service section?

If main panel.

Plus grounding,

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes,no ground feeder Its a prefab house and there was no ground pulled from the pedestal. Another sub panel in the garage that feeds the pool equipment with no ground feeder either. How did this pass inspection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
Yes,no ground feeder Its a prefab house and there was no ground pulled from the pedestal. Another sub panel in the garage that feeds the pool equipment with no ground feeder either. How did this pass inspection?

Was there a breaker at the pedestal or just a meter?

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
Other than that the grounding bushing is missing, how can we assume the panel isn't grounded? Who's to say the service entrance cable wasn't run in heavy wall and not PVC? I for one can't see anything in the picture beyond the panel.

There are other things that we can't see on your picture, as well. We can't see a bonding strap/screw. We can't see if all your conductors are properly landed. There's a white wire landed on a breaker that we can't see if it was tagged or not. Are the terminals all properly torqued?

We can't see around corners. If you're gonna ask us what's wrong and missing, maybe you should have given us a picture that gives us the proper evidence.

...just sayin':whistling2:

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts

Blame it on the Happy Hippie Hay the inspector was smoking?

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts

Since when do we need a ground from a pedestal to a main panel??

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
If it's a pre-fab I'm guessing the bonding screw isn't installed. Is the URD dual rated? The "electrician" that connected the service is to blame. Do they require a exterior disconnect for something like this in Cali? If it's the MDP where is the GEC?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts