Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great service. We get a good amount of calls from there.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
Ours increased about 80% this year. There is no way I would quit AL, we have a great deal of business coming from them.

Here is the thing with them long term that I have noticed. You always are getting new clients. They have a very high turnover. People will use it, get quality contractors then quit. So they have to constantly pump money into recruiting new members, hence the ever increasing advertising costs. Part of business, we just pass it along.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
Here is my advice.......Negotiate.:thumbsup:

They can and will at times budge. This year, not as much as last though....:censored:

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
860 Posts
That's what they advertise. What they actually do, however, is exactly the opposite.

Angie is a liar and a fraud.
More like Angie is a ho. She takes it both ways, and will do anything for money. :whistling2::laughing:

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
http://www.remodeling.hw.net/busine...-figuring-out-the-real-purpose-of-angies-list
Getting on vs. Being Seen
Technically, that’s true. Contractors don’t pay to belong. They do, however, pay to advertise. And being on Angie’s List, if you’re a contractor, and being seen on Angie’s List, are two different things. This is where the money comes in.How is it that home improvement companies spend $20,000, $30,000, or $40,000 on Angie’s List if the list is, as implied, a completely unbought and therefore unbiased online community of homeowners? Well, that’s why Angie is on TV. The more subscribers Angie has, the more the company can charge service providers for its services.
~CS~

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.