Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the sunshine state! I don't remember how I found this site, but have just been checking things out for awhile before posting. It's kinda weird to talk about myself!

Been in the trade since '84. First day was April Fools Day if that means anything. :cool: The bulk of my experience is residential, with about 5 years of heavy commercial thrown in, and a sprinkling of light commercial as well.

I started getting into low voltage stuff, AV, structured wiring etc in 2001, as well as some lighting control. I was in business with my ex-partner then. I went out on my own to concentrate on home theater in 2006. When things tanked, I started doing more electrical to make ends meet, and I'm about 50/50 right now. Mainly doing service work, small remodels, adding lights, fans, outlets, and service changes. I know a home inspector that refers me when the insurance companies squeal about the FPE panels. There are a ton of them here!

Well, my feet are wet now, so I hope to contribute. I probably have more questions than answers, but it's good to hear from fellow electricians. I'm a one man shop, I'm getting tired of talking to myself.

Thanks guys,
G

·
13,020 Posts
Speaking of April Fools, when I was an apprentice I was on a job site where some jackass tied one of these:

to the inside of a panel door. So I go walk up to the panel and open the door and BANG I nearly shat.

·
Senile Member
30,722 Posts
Florida is a big place. You got to narrow it down some for us.........
Crystal Lake Drive? AIA? McGreggor Blvd? Give us a county at least..........:)

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hello from the sunshine state! I don't remember how I found this site, but have just been checking things out for awhile before posting. It's kinda weird to talk about myself!

Been in the trade since '84. First day was April Fools Day if that means anything. :cool: The bulk of my experience is residential, with about 5 years of heavy commercial thrown in, and a sprinkling of light commercial as well.

I started getting into low voltage stuff, AV, structured wiring etc in 2001, as well as some lighting control. I was in business with my ex-partner then. I went out on my own to concentrate on home theater in 2006. When things tanked, I started doing more electrical to make ends meet, and I'm about 50/50 right now. Mainly doing service work, small remodels, adding lights, fans, outlets, and service changes. I know a home inspector that refers me when the insurance companies squeal about the FPE panels. There are a ton of them here!

Well, my feet are wet now, so I hope to contribute. I probably have more questions than answers, but it's good to hear from fellow electricians. I'm a one man shop, I'm getting tired of talking to myself.

Thanks guys,
G
Welcome to the forum enjoy the show...:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
macmikeman said:
Florida is a big place. You got to narrow it down some for us.........
Crystal Lake Drive? AIA? McGreggor Blvd? Give us a county at least..........:)

Seminole County. Though I work in Orange, Lake, and occasionally Volusia. Volusia is tough. The CL guys are too expensive for Volusia :cool: I stay away from Osceola county. Too dang far!

Part of my heavy commercial experience was the Wilderness Hotel. That was a fun job.

·
God-fearing Volt-head
1,221 Posts
Speaking of April Fools, when I was an apprentice I was on a job site where some jackass tied one of these:

to the inside of a panel door. So I go walk up to the panel and open the door and BANG I nearly shat.
That's hilarious. lol

Thanks guys,
G
Welcome to the forums. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts