Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Its a constant danger we face everyday as electricians. We must always try to be safe as possible and not take a chance that may very be our last...condolences to his family.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not be cold here because I hate seeing loss of life like this but I will never understand how the union could strike down drug testing up there which can help avoid incidents (not saying it's related to this incident)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harry - My wife's ex was on the same site working in the same area when it happened and she was talking to him tonight and he told her...

Condolences go out to their family...

I'll post more info as I hear...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Kryptes said:
Not be cold here because I hate seeing loss of life like this but I will never understand how the union could strike down drug testing up there which can help avoid incidents (not saying it's related to this incident)
They did that? I thought everyone has to be drug tested before going to work on any oil sands site. I had to pass one to get clearance for my current location but then I'm not union.

Sad to hear this guy died on the job though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
condolences to his family,

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,062 Posts
Sucks to die so young.
Condolences to his family

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
They are just going with the stats. Rare to have accidents that drugs are involved in.

It's like auto mobile accidents, rare to have booze involved in the majority of them.

I guess they could put little blow tubes on all the cars at the factory. Anyway the cops could just pull over anyone and demand a piss test right? Think of the lives saved.

Construction is actually pretty safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They did that? I thought everyone has to be drug tested before going to work on any oil sands site. I had to pass one to get clearance for my current location but then I'm not union.

Sad to hear this guy died on the job though.
Most of the oil sites you only need to do a drug test to get the job and once you are on the job they do not drug test you unless their is an accident. There was a large push at point for random drug testing but people fought back saying it infringed on their freedoms/rights.

I doubt this had anything to do with drugs and was probably a live work station but the news post does not reveal any vital information into what happened.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
No doubt the Chinese parent company won't understand that at all 99....

~CS~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts