Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another of several solicitations that I often get. I usually just trash em & forget em.

I got one today from a company that I haven't heard of. This one sounds a little different. They say the customer pays upon installation of their product, but I don't know what their product is. I know it's probably in their info in the link they sent me but I don't want to open it.

Anyone know anything about them? Says they are in Louisiana.

Smart Electric Power & Lighting 9655 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA, United States Suite C-204 Baton Rouge, LA 70810 USA

·
Registered
Electrician
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google shows nothing and I have never heard of the joint.
I just got brave!:001_huh:

I opened a "private window" on my browser so no cookies or history would be left. Then I clicked on the link. A video of a guy started playing. He's was very careful not to reveal the product but I figured it out!:whistling2:

It's one of those "snake oil" devices that is supposed to save energy.
He kept saying "energy saving device" and called it a cube. So I know it was one of those magic boxes filled with capacitors to combat low PF from inductive loads.:no:

On the plus side, only a licensed and bonded electrician is allowed to install them!:laughing:

·
Registered
14,529 Posts
I saw a guy driving a really beat ass Toyota the other morning with an advertisement for that "cube" **** on the back window. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts