Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Licenced Journeyman electrician since 1985. I am a mechanic and proud of it. Love working My tools!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Really need a 200 amp, single phase meter box with a handle bypass. Why can I not buy one... Anywhere! Milbank Manufacturing is out of Kentucky right?

·
Registered
Licenced Journeyman electrician since 1985. I am a mechanic and proud of it. Love working My tools!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All that aside. Anyone know (specifically) why these are so hard to get right now?

·
Registered
Electrician
455 Posts
I have the same problem up here in CT. It seems like they blame what ever is convenient….Covid….truckers….imports. I really wish someone would come to market with a replacement and eat Milbank's lunch on them!

·
Registered
Power distribution and controls
1,135 Posts
Meter sockets are made by only a couple of MFG. I know for a fact Eaton does not make them.

Try a source on the other end of the country. Long ago I had a problem getting a bunch of Siemens starters. All out on the west coast, found them in the upper Midwest and for less cash including the shipping. Get out of your normal supply chain. Yet keep inside one of the national stores.

Border-states or CES might be places to try as they are all over with distribution regoinalized.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,141 Posts
Meter sockets are made by only a couple of MFG. I know for a fact Eaton does not make them.

Try a source on the other end of the country. Long ago I had a problem getting a bunch of Siemens starters. All out on the west coast, found them in the upper Midwest and for less cash including the shipping. Get out of your normal supply chain. Yet keep inside one of the national stores.
A few months ago, I couldn't get a 42/84 cct panel anywhere in Manitoba. Found 1 at Lowes in Alberta. Cost a few dollars more (free shipping though) than my supply house, but I was able to get the project done.

Reactions: yankeejoe1141

·
Registered
Electrician
4,418 Posts

Border-states or CES might be places to try as they are all over with distribution regoinalized.
320A nonexistent, hit and miss on 200A at both of those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts