Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site searching through some older threads. Checked it out and everything seems ok, but the virus protection that we have on our computer goes crazy every time I click on anything. So much that I had my wife check come it out and she called the toll-free number to get some sort of feel for why it was flipping out. I never got far enough to check out all their pricing, the spam alerts were getting aggravating and I lost my patience.

Id like to start buying regular stuff that gets used up every day from some sort of online supplier. FREE SHIPPING, and no sales tax :thumbup:. That and cashing in on bulk order discounts.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me ask a different question since the first one didn't get any answers. :rolleyes:

Who is your on-line supplier that you are getting good deals through for everyday run of the mill stuff - wire nuts, wagos, plastic push connectors, box extenders, ect. Stuff that gets burned through on a regular basis.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Their prices seemed a bit high to me, but I guess you're paying for convenience.

As for the run of the mill stuff you're looking for, I try to find it on ebay.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their prices seemed a bit high to me, but I guess you're paying for convenience.

As for the run of the mill stuff you're looking for, I try to find it on ebay.
I was specifically looking to order a few jugs of wagos, and yes, they were higher at what I looked at. They have them listed at around .32 cents per, and home cheapo is something like .06 cents per. But theres no sales tax and free shipping.

Basically I want to get away from the majority of my material pick ups. This job, that job, sure I dont mind picking something up, but I want to start getting bulk deliveries of boxes and wire from my SH. And all the small crap that gets used regularly, I want to cash in on bulk purchases online, so as to cut my pick-up expenses and material costs down as low as possible.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Garvin has some interesting stuff.
Scanning their website now....

hmmm...EZ anchor and blues & screws kits are much higher than the box stores...and their MC connector selection isnt much, looks like no snap in connectors.

This is an interesting site. Not a cheapskate site like Im looking for, but might be nice for special orders. Thanks.

·
Can't Remember
10,442 Posts
It's hard to find an all in one location with everything you want at the cheapest price. I bought some blank up plates to cover some speaker holes in a mobile if I remember. They have some unusual solutions. They have all the boxes. Haven't compared them to others.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's hard to find an all in one location with everything you want at the cheapest price. I bought some blank up plates to cover some speaker holes in a mobile if I remember. They have some unusual solutions. They have all the boxes. Haven't compared them to others.
Ive been searching online for several days now. Different sites, similar products, hands down HD seems to be the cheapest, AND they do free shipping on any shipments over $49.99. Most other sites say after any order of $100.

I dunno....my quest for cheap prices continues....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Ive been searching online for several days now. Different sites, similar products, hands down HD seems to be the cheapest, AND they do free shipping on any shipments over $49.99. Most other sites say after any order of $100.

I dunno....my quest for cheap prices continues....

HD is certainly not the cheapest and don't expect to receive anything fast unless you upgrade shipping

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HD is certainly not the cheapest and don't expect to receive anything fast unless you upgrade shipping
Its hard to compare prices on everything I need and much too time consuming. Right now im comparing prices on anchor kits, romex & mc connectors, and wagos. Stuff I burn through. I just need some where i can make bulk orders of stuff like this once every few months, and i need to (at the very least!) feel like im gettng over on somebody with the prices. :whistling2:

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
I was going to suggest Sunstar Lighting but it looks like they got bought out by a conglomerate that also owns Barnett. Thus they no longer exist.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Frankly , I would think that you'd have to stop and make a review of what quantities you've used over the last five to ten jobs, or go back and review 12 months.

If your buying for a quarter of your yearly usage is one thing verses buying for
one year.

You have to ask yourself which is it to determine dollars up front, to storage;
to staging.

Have you called any maufactures? You ready to buy a pallet of blue boxes,
a pallet of wire nuts, Wago's?

I'm just saying

1 - 14 of 14 Posts