Electrician Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
3,274 Posts
Looks like my outdoor 3r disconnect, 100 a fuses for the main, 60 for the receptacle (why they wanted a 60a 240v receptacle outside I dunno.)
An outdoor stove they used for canning? Used to be somewhat common here in years past to keep the house from getting unbearable hot while canning in the late summer, early autumn.

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
An outdoor stove they used for canning? Used to be somewhat common here in years past to keep the house from getting unbearable hot while canning in the late summer, early autumn.
The house began it's life as a hunting cabin, and based on some things I see, he just used whatever he saw lying around and could utilize whether purpose specific or not.

Reactions: Majewski

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
2,944 Posts
Looks like my outdoor 3r disconnect, 100 a fuses for the main, 60 for the receptacle (why they wanted a 60a 240v receptacle outside I dunno.)
I have worked on a small Very old mobile home that came with a factory cord for the main supply straight in to the trailer panel
never checked to see the amps, easily 50 or more; and it was still plugged into a receptacle on the meter pole

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have worked on a small Very old mobile home that came with a factory cord for the main supply straight in to the trailer panel
never checked to see the amps, easily 50 or more; and it was still plugged into a receptacle on the meter pole
Double wide trailers with all gas appliances used to be supplied that way. It worked quite well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts