1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Contractor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ties into my other thread:

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/do-you-warranty-light-bulbs-65120/

The same customer is calling me, insisting that something is wrong because he has more light bulbs out. Even to me its a little weird, the number of bulbs that have burned out. Its more than just one here or there. A few instances, its 2 or 3 on the same switch. Is it possible I got a bad batch? Is there something else that could be causing this? All cans are Lightolier 2002 P1's.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
This ties into my other thread:

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/do-you-warranty-light-bulbs-65120/

The same customer is calling me, insisting that something is wrong because he has more light bulbs out. Even to me its a little weird, the number of bulbs that have burned out. Its more than just one here or there. A few instances, its 2 or 3 on the same switch. Is it possible I got a bad batch? Is there something else that could be causing this? All cans are Lightolier 2002 P1's.
Did you put the cans in,in 2002?

Also how do the sockets look?

I have a client that has all low voltage halogen wall sconces,that started eating up bulbs,I take them down for her and she sends them back to the manufacture (Somewhere in Germany) and they rebuild them, then I just re-install them when she gets them back.

·
Registered
Contractor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a brand new house (4 months since C.O.)

Sockets look fine. Every one of the lights was tied in by me, and me only. Ive wired thousands upon thousands of these things and never had an issue like this.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Its a brand new house (4 months since C.O.)

Sockets look fine. Every one of the lights was tied in by me, and me only. Ive wired thousands upon thousands of these things and never had an issue like this.
Are these fixtures line voltage?

Are they on Dimmer switches?

The bulbs are probably made in china:no:

·
Registered
Contractor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, line voltage.

Some of them are on dimmers, some of them are hooked up to a Control4 system. (Neither of which was installed by me)

They are made in China, ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts