Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Licensed Professional Engineer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I ran into some equipment I have never seen before. Can you all tell me what these pieces of equipment are? Note: They are all in an electrical room and away from the electrical panels. The electrical panels are all in the kitchen. The are also not the emergency disconnects that are next to HVAC equipment.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
Please head over to the electrical forums our sister site at www.DIYChatroom.com.
This site is for pros only. I have to close this thread.
Thanks for your understanding and good luck with your project.

Edit: Thread reopened after OP clarified credentials.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

OP If you can tell us what kind of facility that gear is in, maybe our members can provide some more information.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Uh, no. Not buying it.

What licensed professional engineer doesn't know what an MDP or circuit breakers are?

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,362 Posts
Uh, no. Not buying it.

What licensed professional engineer doesn't know what an MDP or circuit breakers are?
Hey we all worked with fresh ones out of school or apprentices :geek:.
@calettso That is a MDP as said, Main Distribution Panel like in your house.
The grey handle ones are regular breakers
the Black handle ones are Ground fault at 20 times the price
and the blue ones are Arc fault NEVER turn them off they they don't reset and are 100 times the cost.

:);):LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,743 Posts
Engineers......

I bought my current house from a NASA engineer, I am yet to see ONE thing done the right way or too ANY code.

Pulling 6' of cheap tape off every device (in plastic boxes) has been the norm, as well as having devices and fixtures held in place with 1 1/2" torx head drywall screws.

Engineers..........

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
Please head over to the electrical forums our sister site at www.DIYChatroom.com.
This site is for pros only. I have to close this thread.
Thanks for your understanding and good luck with your project.

Edit: Thread reopened after OP clarified credentials.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

OP If you can tell us what kind of facility that gear is in, maybe our members can provide some more information.
Thank you.
I thought Cletus was trolling us again.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,575 Posts
The first picture are fused buckets with external switches. I could not blow up the picture to read the label but it should indicate the size , which looks like 30 amp fuses and the label color looks like an ITE brand. Don't mess with them unless you know what you are doing. We all have seen door locking mechanisms that were broken because people did not know how to open them.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,161 Posts
The first picture are fused buckets with external switches. I could not blow up the picture to read the label but it should indicate the size , which looks like 30 amp fuses and the label color looks like an ITE brand. Don't mess with them unless you know what you are doing. We all have seen door locking mechanisms that were broken because people did not know how to open them.
The second pic is 20 amp 120 volt circuit breakers, likely in a lighting panel.

These may be different than the ones that go in a normal panel because they might have a lug on the line side rather than a slot to fit a bus extension.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The second pic is 20 amp 120 volt circuit breakers, likely in a lighting panel.

These may be different than the ones that go in a normal panel because they might have a lug on the line side rather than a slot to fit a bus extension.
ITE 30A VacuBreak® fusible switch units

The circuit breakers could be SQ D QOU (lug in lug out) or QO, but no way to tell from the photo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts