Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting one for my Dad for fathers day. He does a lot of residential and is complaining about his wrist quite a bit lately. Hes been using a wooden handled hammer for the last 30 years and I have recently convinced him to try an anti vibe and see if that helps. He says it does a bit but its just too heavy. So if anyone uses on or has one please let me know your thoughts.

·
Estwing magic
27,427 Posts
It's worth a try. I have a bad wrist (doctor said nerve damage; maybe a skiing injury) and sometimes changing tools makes a difference even if you don't know why. The bigger difference might come in changing his work habits. If he's banging staples all day that can be a problem. Maybe he could bang staples for awhile and then do something else, then go back to banging staples again.

I rarely do new houses but, if I was wiring a house, I would do it in sections. I would box a section and pull the wire, maybe even terminate, and then go on to the next section. That way you avoid the same repetitive action for hours at a time and give the bad wrist a rest.

My father was ambidextrous. I watched him shingling a roof once. He would change hands with his hammer and keep on going :) .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99, He wont change I'm stubborn as all get out and hes even worse then I am. He has a system to wiring houses and that's why he is so fast. I'm less then half his age and I can't keep up for nothing its pretty crazy how quick he goes. But I think I'll try one out if he dosen't like it I will just use it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks nice, but my mother could swing a 14oz hammer. :laughing::laughing:

In all seriousness I might have to try it. :whistling2:
So I was in HD earlier and took a look at this hammer. Holy Chit it does not feel like an 14oz hammer that's for sure. They had an even smaller one, that felt like even it would be sufficient, damn! I didn't grab one but I'm thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
I was thinking about getting one for my Dad for fathers day. He does a lot of residential and is complaining about his wrist quite a bit lately. Hes been using a wooden handled hammer for the last 30 years and I have recently convinced him to try an anti vibe and see if that helps. He says it does a bit but its just too heavy. So if anyone uses on or has one please let me know your thoughts.
Dude,
30 years in the trade and roping houses. :eek:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.