Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any particular company offering these jobs and how would I apply? Do you enter into a contract with the employer or is it at-will? Would they take a first year?

My family deserves better and I'm angry at myself for putting them in a position where I might be laud off. I'm really ready to go all-out and move completely across the country to make things better for them. I don't care where I have to go.

I just need sone direction on how to apply for these jobs. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
You probably won't be able to work in Fort Mac unless you're an apprentice in the Canadian system. You do not necessarily have to be a citizen for this, I don't think anyway. You do need to be permanently living here and legally able to work though. If you made the move your new employer can agree(or not agree) to credit you for experience you've gotten already when they indenture you.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
829 Posts
North Dakota has work but not much housing, however, Wyoming has plenty of work from what I've seen and has low housing prices. No income taxes as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
North Dakota has work but not much housing, however, Wyoming has plenty of work from what I've seen and has low housing prices. No income taxes as well. :thumbsup:
Do you know what companies? Or - is there a site besides Craigslist that would have anything?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Do you know what companies? Or - is there a site besides Craigslist that would have anything?
I'd stay away from Craigslist... Indeed is a pretty popular job search.

A simple Google search will likely turn up several leads too. You should also look into the state requirements for electrical apprentices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts