Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm currently going through the inside wireman apprenticeship process for local 332 in Santa Clara County. I would like to get some advice on the interview process. What type of questions are asked and what is the best approach to answering the questions? Also, I would like to know how the scoring works and what is considered a "good" score. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It will be a "pressure style" interview. By that I mean you will be sitting at a table with 5 to 10 higher ups staring you down and firing different questions at you. They'll ask about how you handle pressure and deadlines, your work ethic, what you currently do now for work. They want to see you handle yourself like a grown man so they know you won't run away the first time some grumpy journeyman raises his voice with you. Just stay confident and tell some relatable stories. Maybe you haven't done electrical or even worked any kind of construction but you can say "well I havent done that but I've had to work late to meet deadlines and blah blah blah..." I did mine in 2006 so don't take what I say as the end all be all but I'm almost positive they still use they interviewing methods. Stay cool, be articulate, come across as a team player you'll do well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm making a career change. My previous career has been in accounting. I'm definitely used to meeting deadlines, working in a team environment, and having an attention to detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts