Electrician Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Big nosed attic troll
7,568 Posts
Not all of NC is like this area, this city has just been flooded by rich people and is currently undergoing gentrification. If you want to live in the city the average rent ranges from 1000-1200 dollars and that number is steadily rising.

The mountains are beautiful but I don't want to have a career that only pays an average of $42,000. That's before taxes, so drop that number by 25-35% to estimate your take home pay.

This housing crisis is projected to continue for at least 10 years and a national study concluded that it's not sustainable. Most people I know cannot afford to buy a house and instead rent a house for $1200 a month...

I don't want to be a renter forever. Renting blows, but I am not going to buy a house where good jobs are scarce.
I think I get it. I also agree with you. I would not be happy with 40k, especially in an area like that. Houses and rent are pricey near me too and it's lame but life. What areas besides cali are you interested in?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I think I get it. I also agree with you. I would not be happy with 40k, especially in an area like that. Houses and rent are pricey near me too and it's lame but life. What areas besides cali are you interested in?
I'm going to move to the North East somewhere. Most likely Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Massachusetts. I'm open to Washington State, Alaska, or Minnesota too. I'm just saving money and researching those states and seeing which I have the best chance of making an okay living in.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm in nc as well, Franklin county to avoid the high prices, went from a 2bdrm townhouse that was rapidly approaching 800 a month in wake county to a bungalow built in 1914 for 400 a month morgage, bought it with some character if you know what I mean. Kinda looking forward to heading back to WV though cost of living is half what it is here

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts