Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You mention you are willing to share information regarding Arc Flash, did you work for an engineering firm doing Arc Flash studies or ........

I have some questions but they are written down at work. Will post more later.

I live in Haymarket VA, not all that far away.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,402 Posts
I am lost, this looks like a response to another post.

·
Registered
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a response to a post mayaness had to the grounding post Brian has.
It is a response to his intro. I have a few questions regard this subject.

·
Registered
Professional Engineer (MD, VA, DC, DE) and licensed Master electrician (DE and MD)
93 Posts
Hey Brian,
Yes I work for RMF Engineering and we do Arc Flash Studies.
I'm happy to assist with any arc flash questions. I'm also a Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional which is to say that RMF allows me to focus my career on 70E. I do Studies and I also provide MD and DE State-accredited 70E training.
Please contact me if I can assist with anything. I think we met at an NFPA 70 training class in Westminster, MD a few years ago.
John

·
Registered
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Brian,
Yes I work for RMF Engineering and we do Arc Flash Studies.
I'm happy to assist with any arc flash questions. I'm also a Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional which is to say that RMF allows me to focus my career on 70E. I do Studies and I also provide MD and DE State-accredited 70E training.
Please contact me if I can assist with anything. I think we met at an NFPA 70 training class in Westminster, MD a few years ago.
John
Taught by Marty? That was a few years ago. Most Arc Flash courses I have taken are fairly basic as they should be for the average electrician. I would love to find something that went more indepth.

·
Registered
Professional Engineer (MD, VA, DC, DE) and licensed Master electrician (DE and MD)
93 Posts
Taught by Marty? That was a few years ago. Most Arc Flash courses I have taken are fairly basic as they should be for the average electrician. I would love to find something that went more indepth.
Yeah, that was the one Brian.

I do a 5-hour class for Capital Electric Supply, Arc Flash and Electrical Safety, NFPA 70E 2021, that I'm trying to get approved for Virginia-registered electricians, but I'm not sure how much luck I'll have with that. Lately the classes have all been virtual, which isn't as much fun. But I think we'll be doing in-person classes pretty soon. The class is interesting I believe because I use SKM to show how the incident energy (IE) is calculated, and to show on a Time Current Characteristic curve the effect of a maintenance switch that reduces the IE level by reducing the instantaneous pickup.

If you're ever looking to do an Arc Flash Study where you do the data collection and I do the report I'd be interested in that. I'm registered in VA as a PE.

Regards,

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts