·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
Guam, PR, VI (is not) a state. probably a Guanamanian who wrote the ad.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
I can help here. The screws for tightening the flap against the backside of the wall sheathing are not machine screws and usually break out of the cheap plastic before they properly tighten down, rendering the whole box useless. The old work boxes with the side ears clips and one machine screw to tighten to the drywall are vastly superior.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,520 Posts
What do you suggest in lieu ?? What aspect specifically makes them "bad", or unsafe, that another brand does different ??
There is nothing wrong with them if you like them. Personally I prefer P&S boxes but don't let the members get to you-- it has become a standing joke around here for some reason- the blues are perfectly compliant. It is what you get used to working with.

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
There is nothing wrong with them if you like them. Personally I prefer P&S boxes but don't let the members get to you-- it has become a standing joke around here for some reason- the blues are perfectly compliant. It is what you get used to working with.

(the blues are perfectly compliant.)

I prefer jazz ! :laughing:

But seriously , you are correct Dennis , it is just a matter of what you are used to .

We have choices !

Here we have many different types of boxes , some are better !

I personally did not like the grey plastic boxes made by Marr , because the tabs that hold the cable in place broke off very easily , in the cold weather !
Others think they are great !

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,520 Posts
100% of the people with cancer watched Sesame Street as a kid. Therefore, watching Sesame Street will give you cancer.
My brother used to have a similar argument-- all junkies have chewed gum therefore chewing gum leads to drug addiction. :no:

·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
meadow said:
That box looks identical to a blue carlon, just white. Which leads me to ask who are making them. Not all carlons are bad, the heavy duty versions aint bad at all.
I'll see when I go into work tomorrow. But it says south wire makes it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.