Electrician Talk banner

Are we going to have a lot more electric work ahead?

5946 Views 162 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Bourbon County
I just saw on the news that " They " are thinking about banning gas stoves and gas fire places. " They " are blaming childhood asthma cases on these dangerous gas stoves.

Is this controversial talk? I did not mention any names.
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

· Premium Member
914 Posts
he must live in California!
Yeah the guy priced me and never called back after I sent my very reasonable estimate via email. The red flag for me was when he asked if he can run his water line in the same trench as the service to save some money. This is why my estimates are never on site. Why waste the time and fuel.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just saw on the news that " They " are thinking about banning gas stoves and gas fire places. " They " are blaming childhood asthma cases on these dangerous gas stoves.

I wonder how long until they outlaw outdoor gas grills? I can see it now - Battery-powered, rechargeable BBQ grills are just around the corner. LOL.

· Registered
16,299 Posts
Yeah the guy priced me and never called back after I sent my very reasonable estimate via email. The red flag for me was when he asked if he can run his water line in the same trench as the service to save some money. This is why my estimates are never on site. Why waste the time and fuel.
What difference would that make to you?

· Registered
1 Posts
CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O

The Stoichiometric formula for natural gas combustion.

So, what kids now get asthma from water or carbon dioxide??

This is normal in the atmosphere. Ghost hunters to chase a agenda.

Someone needs to do a AQT in the home, to find out what is really going on. If the kids are getting sick.
correct! most likely Mold. we found it in the city water!

· Registered
62 Posts

there is more than one "They" in this. the "They" that stirred this up is the same "They"
that wants to blame "Them" for everything.

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
36,976 Posts
correct! most likely Mold. we found it in the city water!
I already pointed out the damn 50-60 childhood vaccines given in the first month of life with boosters soon after.
That is causing all kinds of problems. That and the Fluoride in the water supply.

· Registered
65 Posts
So, look'n back to early Man breathing smoke from campfires, forest fires, volcanos, swamp gas, drink'n untreated water from creeks, streams, rivers, puddles, eat'n questionable animal products (including other early folk), dirty roots, foliage, tainted berries, rancid fruit, tree bark, indigestible plants, and yet there be 'bout 8 billion of us walk'n round still eating everything in sight, consuming a list of living things like there ain't no tomorrow.
How they "F" did we survive? Ya REALLY think a dinky Gas Stove is gonna take us out? Really? WTF!
I know, da query wuz 'bout Asthma, so I gits carried away, well so's da Gas Stove weenies.
Just say'n....

· Registered
Electrical Contractor
5,666 Posts
I say kids sitting inside gaming instead of playing out in the fresh air causes more asthma than stoves.

But I don't think for a minute this is about kid's well being.

· Registered
1,261 Posts
It's just the latest level of green-washing with a hidden agenda. That agenda is probably to make electricity the single consumer energy source. (Control/monopoly etc.)

Natural gas (methane) is very clean burning as fossil fuels go. I know my work burns hundreds of tons of LNG per day, and flaunts how 'green' they are for using it. We have to use all the fossil fuels we get from raw extraction. A lot of methane is incidental. Can't afford to be wasting any (or gassing it directly into the atmosphere) because of politics.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
So, look'n back to early Man breathing smoke from campfires, forest fires, volcanos, swamp gas, drink'n untreated water from creeks, streams, rivers, puddles, eat'n questionable animal products (including other early folk), dirty roots, foliage, tainted berries, rancid fruit, tree bark, indigestible plants, and yet there be 'bout 8 billion of us walk'n round still eating everything in sight, consuming a list of living things like there ain't no tomorrow.
How they "F" did we survive? Ya REALLY think a dinky Gas Stove is gonna take us out? Really? WTF!
I know, da query wuz 'bout Asthma, so I gits carried away, well so's da Gas Stove weenies.
Just say'n....
They had 12 children and died at the ripe old age of 43

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
36,976 Posts
After filling my gas tank today on the van, I checked the mixture using my 5160 ODB2 scanner and it said 33% ethanol but the station is only allowed to put in 10%. Should I turn em in to the FBI or the CIA?

121 - 140 of 163 Posts