Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call for a grinder injector holding tank issue. The control panel seemed to be acting up. Long story short it needs a new float switch. He asked who replaced it,an electrician or the septic repair company. I said call the septic repair guys because I'm not interested, would you work in one?

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Do work, clean your tools, 409 and clorox, wash your hands.

You really shouldn't have to enter a tank or wet well to change a float either, if some tard installed a pole and clamp on floats, abandon the bad one in place (secure the old SO cord well) and suspend a weighted one as a replacement.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lmahome said:
I got a call for a grinder injector holding tank issue. The control panel seemed to be acting up. Long story short it needs a new float switch. He asked who replaced it,an electrician or the septic repair company. I said call the septic repair guys because I'm not interested, would you work in one?
Hey man I get it, you didn't become an electrician to play in someone else's chitt. There are days when it ain't worth it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I wouldn't have to jump in but even laying on my belly with my face over the hole and my arms in to work on the j box is to much for me. I think I may be spoiled haha id rather sub it out to one of you guys :)

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts

Yes, and we do it my :censored:way, or the :censored:highway

We also wire them my :censored:way , or the :censored: highway

~CS~

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I work on $hit covered equipment all the time, but it's cow crap, not people crap. I don't even think twice about it. Human waste on the other hand is disgusting, people flush anything and everything!!

SOP for me is rubber gloves when working on human waste equipment, bare hand it for cow crap covered equipment.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Cow said:
I work on $hit covered equipment all the time, but it's cow crap, not people crap. I don't even think twice about it. Human waste on the other hand is disgusting, people flush anything and everything!! SOP for me is rubber gloves when working on human waste equipment, bare hand it for cow crap covered equipment.:thumbup:
True that. Pig chit and cow chit don't even count. That's just normal

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
9,478 Posts
Do work, clean your tools, 409 and clorox, wash your hands.

You really shouldn't have to enter a tank or wet well to change a float either, if some tard installed a pole and clamp on floats, abandon the bad one in place (secure the old SO cord well) and suspend a weighted one as a replacement.
Same here. Especially using the weighted float as a replacement. Usually pretty easy to do.

If you're going to be working around raw sewage though, get your hep shots.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Once upon a time, I was setting a float in a grinder the plumber jacked up. It turned out he also did not screw down the clamp on the rubber coupling. I found this out when it broke lose and sprayed me in the face.

Just say no to sewage floats.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.