Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using this? Any recommended suppliers? Seems to be hard to find anywhere it's not a 3000' minimum put-up. I'd rather be able to buy it 500-1000' at a time.

Would prefer to avoid CCW cable like Nexans or Okonite that used the CCW armor as the shield. It gets installed on mobile machinery that vibrates. The armor will inevitably end up grounded to the machine at various points over time (vibration will cause it to rub through the jacket).

Would rather use Belden or Shawflex that has a separate shield separated from the armor by a sheath.

Any input?

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Is anyone using this? Any recommended suppliers? Seems to be hard to find anywhere it's not a 3000' minimum put-up. I'd rather be able to buy it 500-1000' at a time.

Would prefer to avoid CCW cable like Nexans or Okonite that used the CCW armor as the shield. It gets installed on mobile machinery that vibrates. The armor will inevitably end up grounded to the machine at various points over time (vibration will cause it to rub through the jacket).

Would rather use Belden or Shawflex that has a separate shield separated from the armor by a sheath.

Any input?
Both Beldn and Lapp make a flex version (like SO) with a braided shield, or an armored version with a foil shield but I don't know of a flexible armored version from anyone. Or am I misinterpreting?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't need to be flexible, just armored.
When we do work for the US its fine because we have options for TC-ER cables that are not armored. When we do work in canada it's a pain because TC-ER is not recognized. Need armor or conduit. Also in canada "teck" style armored cable is very common and often in the customer spec.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For future reference-

Shawflex was the answer.

They can make up to 750MCM, minimum order is 300 or 500m depending on the size and lead time is about 7 weeks.

All pretty reasonable considering it';s a bit of an exotic item. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.