Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Authorities this week arrested more than 120 contractors for allegedly working without proper licenses during a statewide undercover sting operation.
Of the arrests, the so-called “California Blitz” operation conducted by the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) netted six in Rancho Palos Verdes.
The board announced Friday that approximately 115 people are suspected of operating without a contractor’s license.
They face a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a $5,000 fine, if convicted, KNX 1070′s Bob Brill reported.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...e-sting-operation-for-unlicensed-contractors/
I heard on the radio that one guy got arrested 2 days in a row :laughing:

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
They might have bagged maybe .001 of the unlicensed activity

Out of that, maybe .0001 will get a max fine, the rest will get a wrist slap, or deal to wear a wire

In terms of $$$$'s, the tax payer's probably spent 1000 x's the cost in actual damage being done to them

Which places the entire punishment justifies the crime validation second to only the WOD

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Henry T. Pratte, 54, whose only Manchester address is a post office box, was arrested and charged with fraudulent use of a license, punishable by up to a year in jail or a $2,000 fine, police said.
Who's pressed charges here? The state of NH, or the EC? Seems the article suggests Sampson making a lot of noise before Pratte's arrest

Also, this occurred in the 90's ?
~CS~

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Does anyone want to change that? In that same vain, I hate plumbing , but I expect that I can change a faucet or water heater in my home. Or for that matter, work on my car.
You cannot do plumbing here, because they're afraid you'll blow up your house messing with the gas piping, but you can do your own electrical work that causes a fire that will melt the gas piping and blow up the house......:blink::laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.