Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is James.
I've passed the Union aptitude test and have interviewed; and am now waiting to hear an update on the union's 'hiring freeze' (here in Las Vegas).
Heard about this site and thought I would check it out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hello. My name is James.
I've passed the Union aptitude test and have interviewed; and am now waiting to hear an update on the union's 'hiring freeze' (here in Las Vegas).
Heard about this site and thought I would check it out.
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
James I put in almost a year of my life, I dont regret it I just dont think I could have done much more. I am on a list of people that does nothing but get bigger. Truthfully I think vegas is a lost cause unless you are a ****ing machine. I was late one time in my 2000 hour trial, had letters from people that had been in the union 30+ years and Im still not on accepted. All that I can say Is work your hours and show up everyday in everyway. I dont put too much into it but ****in pray. Hopefully you do what I couldnt.

·
6 volts 2 lightnin' bolts
225 Posts
James,

It is unlikely that the "hiring freeze" will end soon. A good Local knows when it is full, and won't take on new members just so they can sit on the bench. Take heart... I doubt this will last forever, and if it does, you aren't the only one who is screwed. If you are determined enough and patient enough, I am certain that you will succeed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, guys.
Yea. I submitted an address change in early Fall. So hopefully they know that I'm passionate about electrician-work, and want to get my feet wet.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,797 Posts
Welcome James. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts