Electrician Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a job to do that I would normally use 400w MH floods for, but my local supply house is now stocking these.

They have them in 2 sizes. The largest is a 43 watt said to replace a 175W MH. I found nothing on Atlas' website, so my info is limited.

Anybod use them? I was quoted a pretty unbelievable warranty - 5 years complete replacement - 15yrs limited.

Stab&Shoot's thread on the T5's motivated me to start this thread

·
Administrator
EC
22,424 Posts
Atlas is owned by my local electrical distributor here in Burlington, NC. They have been selling atlas for some time and have been selling the LED's in the next town where there is more commercial work. They are quite expensive but put out great light. The schools and commercial building are eating them up because of the warranty and savings.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, my local cost on the 43W is $290 per. without seeing one in my shop actually working, I am concerned I may want a larger one. Something that would be rated to replace the 400W

·
Administrator
EC
22,424 Posts
Yea, my local cost on the 43W is $290 per. without seeing one in my shop actually working, I am concerned I may want a larger one. Something that would be rated to replace the 400W
That won't replace a 400 watt.

·
Resi Service Electrician
1,257 Posts
I have a new supplier of LED's Im working with. Ill check to see if they have any options for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Read the fine print of that warranty before you pull the trigger.

Most LED warranties do not cover the drivers past a certain time frame, and also, they will not replace the fixture unless a certain percentage of the LED's have failed.

We have a local AT&T building that purchased similiar fixtures and within 3 weeks had lost 30% of the LED's in it...they were told that once they lost 70% they could talk warranty.

Needless to say we swept in and sold them induction lighting which offers a 10 year, 60,000 hour warranty, and if they have a failure both ballast and lamp are sent out for replacement.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up on the murray. I will definitely look into it.

And per the warranty - that is why I went to Atlas' website - to verify what my dealer told me. But alas, Atlas has not updated their website to show their current product lineup.

I thought that was business 101 anymore?????

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ouch! $450 per fixture - and only said to replace a 250 MH.

But they are a nice looking unit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
we replaced 2 175w MH awning lights with the 56w Atlas LED's. They are over a gas pump island, and the LEDs actually look brighter than the MH fixtures did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts