Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry no longer For Sale. I've decided to keep it local and pass the savings on to someone that will appreciate it. Sorry didn't mean to cause a stir.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
I just gotta ask.....

Is the Camaro included? :laughing:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Nice car brother, really nice.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Aw!

I coulda used this a month ago!

I've already bought the majority of those tools...

You wouldn't by any chance have any other tools for sale?

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Aw!

I coulda used this a month ago!

I've already bought the majority of those tools...

You wouldn't by any chance have any other tools for sale?

Oh boy, does he. Go look at swap column for his short list.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,797 Posts
DAMN ! That thing is straight and clean! :thumbsup:

Are those Torq-Thrust D's on there?

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
No, the rims. Old school classic American Racing rims.

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
Actually, looking closer I see they are early 70's Z-28/Chevelle rims.
I had those same rims on a '75 Nova SS.

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
Yeah, lil bit. :thumbsup: Although I am an open minded motor head. I like almost everything.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Apparently I missed the pic. of the car...but it is humorous looking at all of your postings about a car that I can't see. I imagine it is really cool though!!

Also- Petey, I am assuming that is a KTM in your picture, but I am wondering which one you have? I am thinking of getting one myself here very soon and would love to hear what you think of yours. It sure looks like fun!!

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
Hey.
The KTM is a "wanna" bike. I REAAAAALY wanna new 250SX two stroke.

Right now I have a '96 KX250 that I almost completely rebuilt. It is an old AMA pro-class bike and it rips!

My son has a KTM 50 ProSr.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is awesome. I have been looking at 450's but have not made up my mind yet...not cheap...

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
Oh, the prices are out of hand. Almost 10 grand once all is said and done. For a freakin' dirt bike!?

They say the four strokes are MUCH better for old men like me. They are VERY forgiving and the bike does all the work. I just have a deep seeded love for my smokers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like the 4 strokes myself...also, at a lot of the dunes around here they have begun outlawing 2 strokes...too loud...bad for the environment...whatever the case may be. I know I can run a 4 stroke anywhere. (although I do love power band!!!!!) I can't believe the prices. You can get a "decent" bike new for six or seven grand or you can get a sweet one (which I of course prefer!!!) for about ten like you say. Makes me miss the days when I was perfectly content with my little 1970's Honda trail 70...

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
:)

I have heard the "too loud" argument about two strokes. All I can say is BU** SH**! :eek:
Go to the track some day. A piped four stroke is ABUSIVELY loud IMO. MUCH louder than most two strokes. I had my ears rung more than once form being too close to one being started up. And forget it if you are directly behind.

I think the main thing is a two-stroke is "on the pipe" much longer than the equivalent four stroke. Being around them I'm sure you know what I mean.
Four strokes are BRAP, BRAP, BRAP. A two stroke is BREEEEEEEEENNNP.

Please don't get me started on Left coast politics and policies. :censored: :censored: :censored:
Kalifornia was a breeding ground for most motorcycling and especially motocross in the early days. Now it is doing is damnedest to kill them altogether! Between the BLM and the environmentalists they'd love to see two and four wheel recreation restricted to pedal power, or eliminated completely.

·
Super Moderator
11,797 Posts
There is also the fuel issue. Most four strokes must run racing fuel. Like VP C12 or C14. That stuff is $8-$9 a gal these days.

I ran C12 in my race car with a 13:1 SBC. I was paying $6.25 about three years ago.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah nothing about motorized hobbies is cheap that is for sure... You know the fact is, when you are out riding, you should just expect to hear motorcycles. The quietest dirtbikes are still fairly loud. I like the sound of a two stroke when you hit the throttle. You just know something good is about to happen...

I am not a fan of California....You are right on them starting a lot of this and trying to end it now. The part that I hate about California is the gun laws though (although I am sure you know about this as I have heard that New York is also not a "firearm friendly" state.) I won't get you started on Left Coast Politics but you don't get me started on Gun laws or those :censored: environmentalists!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts