Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a call after a long 11 month wait. I'm a 353 member in Toronto.
It's not like I've been sitting on my ass for 11 months but I'm nervous about going back to work full time. I was laid off back in March of 2015 and during this layoff I did a few home upgrades that needed to be done, got my masters, contractors license, and did a lot of soul searching...
I feel like I'm going to have a hard time getting back into the grind and could use some advice from you all.
So any tips would be great thanks.

·
Administrator
EC
22,589 Posts
Advice from us-- you must be drunk. LOL

Put all you got into for at least a month and see how you feel then. It is hard especially if you had your own hours etc. It's a decision you have to make-- are you planning to go on your own? That is more money potentially but more headaches also.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
I finally picked up a call after a long 11 month wait. I'm a 353 member in Toronto.
It's not like I've been sitting on my ass for 11 months but I'm nervous about going back to work full time. I was laid off back in March of 2015 and during this layoff I did a few home upgrades that needed to be done, got my masters, contractors license, and did a lot of soul searching...
I feel like I'm going to have a hard time getting back into the grind and could use some advice from you all.
You will be happy to be back on the job and seeing the guys again.
Its a good thing.
Enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you do high-rise? I'm thinking of going union, but I hear they let you work for 3 months then they lay you off? Do you think that's true in your experience?are Layoffs common?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,467 Posts
It feels good when you get it all back in motion. In a moth you will start forgetting what being on your own time felt like. Good luck to you and don't stress it.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
Well at least you kept some of your Union brothers busy working on your home upgrades , you did use union labor didn't you ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts