Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came into work today and discovered the non-union plumbers on the job had dismantled a new strut stand with a disconnect mounted to it. The missing pieces of strut and strut stand legs were all holding up plumbing. I was inside when our foreman came in fuming asking for their foreman. Turns out that foreman was now on another job and it was his parting gift. The new foreman was really apologetic and sent 2 guys out to fix it immediately.
A hour later a warehouseman from their company pulls up with a big box of Einstein brother's bagels and 2 tubs of cream cheese. Made a great snack for the 4 of us at break. never have eaten 3 bagels in a row before.
Later on I heard their foreman talking to his guys, "You don't want to piss off the union guys, they will all come after you. Word travels fast and you might be on another job with a different union electrician."
I don't know where he got that impression from, we are probably the nicest crew of guys there is to work around, but we will let him think that.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
We had a similar situation once. Only the electrician took a sawzall to the plumbing, and there were no bagels; instead there was an ass-chewing for everyone.

Reactions: fistofbolts

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn man. If I got a bagel every time a fitter f*cked me over life would be suhweet
yeah really, I will probaly never see that again in my lifetime. they were really worried about getting kicked off by the company who owned the site. they freaking love us for some reason. I guess the electricians they had before us were that bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.