Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im going in to do some work tomorrow. I need to bond the cable/tel boxes and gas piping. I have a 2x200A-400A main bus meter base and the ground is in the meter base. One meter jumps to a 200A panel and the other to a outdoor 100A disconnect and then to 100A panel.

Can I take the bonds from the meter base( if anyone knows that BC Hydro allows this ) or do I take it from the greater " service " which would be the 200A panel.

All the bonding screws have been removed except for the one in the meter base.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey guys im going in to do some work tomorrow. I need to bond the cable/tel boxes and gas piping. I have a 2x200A-400A main bus meter base and the ground is in the meter base. One meter jumps to a 200A panel and the other to a outdoor 100A disconnect and then to 100A panel.

Can I take the bonds from the meter base( if anyone knows that BC Hydro allows this ) or do I take it from the greater " service " which would be the 200A panel.

All the bonding screws have been removed except for the one in the meter base.
I'm quite sure the main ground goes to the meter base when it is a duplex configuration.Just ensure you use bonding bushings between meter base and disconnects.Those nipples are the bonding for the sub services.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm quite sure the main ground goes to the meter base when it is a duplex configuration.Just ensure you use bonding bushings between meter base and disconnects.
Hey thanks for chipping in. Yea im 100% sure the ground goes into the meter base. I was asking where the gas/tel/cable bonds go to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts