Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to become a GC. I think I should do it. I can kick everybody's ass, drive a big ass 4 X 4 and make a ton of dough. It's almost like being in the Mafia. Better than hanging ceiling fans for grandma.

·
cog
5,292 Posts
I have an opportunity to become a GC. I think I should do it. I can kick everybody's ass, drive a big ass 4 X 4 and make a ton of dough. It's almost like being in the Mafia. Better than hanging ceiling fans for grandma.
Uhhg, what electrician is gonna want to work for you though?? I think there is a reason carpenters end up generals and sparkys don't.........good luck though :thumbsup:

Can we have a "name your company" thread?

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
99cents said:
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will,

·
Registered
413 Posts
Best part about it is that you already know the lies that will make you tons of money.
The check is in the mail.
If you do it for cost on this one...
I need you to sharpen your pencil.
I will never be able to get the customer to pay that.
Fine , Get out of my way and I'll sell it to the client.:)

·
Estwing magic
27,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seriously, this is an interesting opportunity. I have subbed to this guy for three years. Always pays his bills on completion. Straight shooter, no BS, a little bit of a hardhead but that's okay. Been in business ten years, mostly referral work, booked until August. He is looking for an exit strategy. Wants to work three weeks on, three weeks off and eventually sell out completely. In the meantime, he will teach me the business.

I am not a hardcore electrician. I kind of like the idea of being involved in every part of the construction/renovation game. I have seen how various GC's operate and how they make their dough. I guess the sleazeballs can make money but the guys who stay in business and make good money are those who chase mid to high end clients with big bank balances.

The trick might be in maintaining the electrical contracting operation at arm's length.

Hardcore negotiations start next week...

What say you gurus?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.