Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into hardwired alarms in April after only doing wireless but I'm loving can layout and finding ways to dress wire neatly in the can. I love it. This was an 8 zone Vista-20P with System Sensor Cosmod2W unit with GSMX4G. Battery not installed at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I do realize there is a way to mount the cosmod in the can but I wanted it exterior so the customer can see status lights without opening the can.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Nice.....resi system?.....how are margins vs alarm companies any idea?...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was doing a fire alarm testing at a new client.

I literally went crazy looking for the EOL.

Found the one after pulling the bell off the wall and the other behind a pull station.

Wish that place had it in the panel :)

After getting spoiled doing a few addressable systems, old analog ones are not quite the same.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If that was seriously your system, my first question is why your EOL resistors are in the panel. I HATE that.

Totally defeats the point of supervision. Andis that a DSC system? (Cringing)
That is not a DSC system. Those are Ademco panels. Give me a DSC any day over Ademco.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was doing a fire alarm testing at a new client.

I literally went crazy looking for the EOL.

Found the one after pulling the bell off the wall and the other behind a pull station.

Wish that place had it in the panel :)

After getting spoiled doing a few addressable systems, old analog ones are not quite the same.
The EOLR belongs at the end of line device in a fire system.

In a burg panel it should go at the end of the line but the panel can only tell alarm or not alarm. A burg panel will never give you a trouble because the devices are typically N/C. That is unless you use a DSC system and DEOL or a Bosch panel and define the point response as such.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
That is not a DSC system. Those are Ademco panels. Give me a DSC any day over Ademco.
I recently sold (3) alarm jobs... so I decided to try Vista 20P..

They are a nightmare to just program the keypad... I gave up... returned them and bought DSC 1834 instead.. much better user friendly...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
B4T said:
I recently sold (3) alarm jobs... so I decided to try Vista 20P.. They are a nightmare to just program the keypad... I gave up... returned them and bought DSC 1834 instead.. much better user friendly...
Really? I mean for most resi, 29, 36, 37, 54, 55, 56, 59, 91, and 189 are the only functions to touch. I love ademco.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Why didn't you wait till they put up some gypsum or use a wood board?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts