Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Carpenter/superintendent in San Diego here looking for advice.

My 23 year old just became an electrical apprentice and we are helping to tool him up.

I loved my Occidental leather bags for my carpentry, but my bags are different for each trade and I figured what better place to ask what bags are your favorites and why.

I always liked suspenders on my bags, so any favorite suspenders would be great, too.

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
374 Posts
I also started in the trade at 23.
These are the best bags for Electricians in my opinion http://www.boulderbag.com/electrian.htm. Been using these since 99'. I've had my current set which is my second, for the last 7 years. They are comfortable and have all the right pockets in all the right places.

The belt comes with "D" rings on it to add suspenders if you like. I'd go with the 106 Electricians combo.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
I've tried at least 100 different set ups in my years. Right now I use a Veto TP3 and a bucket boss apron (13 pocket).

My last setup that I loved for the longest time was an all leather Klein and the bucket boss apron. I just don't like carrying a ton of tools on my hips, and I don't do as much new work anymore.

I would recommend starting with something in the middle cost wise. He is going to change his preferences as he figures it all out.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My occidentals also come with suspenders (not pictured).
I would also recommend a mid range set. The boulders looked good but are no longer at the home depot. The occidentals as you know are expensive, I may have payed over 200 for my set (been a while)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.