Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own a mc cutter yet, (rolo zip or whatever its called), and I was wondering what the best brand to get is. Greenlee? I've heard Klein is kinda crappy so I didn't want to make a bad purchase. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I find that using the auto clamp one causes me to over squeeze the other side. This makes the cutter side bind faster. Once that happens it goes into the big Klien bag of broken tools used for spare parts.

If Seatek makes the Klien sold at home cheapo, they made it to last less than a month.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have found that by the time I have to change the blade, the tool has used it's usefull life.

It usually binds in the handle after that.

The apprentice on the job last week was able to make a useful tool out of the six garbage roto strip tools I had in my graveyard though.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
I have found that by the time I have to change the blade, the tool has used it's usefull life.

The apprentice on the job last week was able to make a useful tool out of the six garbage roto strip tools I had in my graveyard though.
The best way to go, is cut off that stupid clamp, drill and tap the pin hole for a 1/4x20 by 1" hex screw, works great after....:thumbsup:

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
I find that using the auto clamp one causes me to over squeeze the other side. This makes the cutter side bind faster. Once that happens it goes into the big Klien bag of broken tools used for spare parts.

If Seatek makes the Klien sold at home cheapo, they made it to last less than a month.
If you are oversqueezing due to the lever, then you probably have it set way too tight. Loosen the set screw so that the lever bottoms out when the cable is nice and tight in the cup but not squeezed in too hard.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts

Funny how different people have different experiences.

Like Hack, I still have the first one I bought. And I can tell you, I change the blade a lot.

Reactions: Stryder89

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Someone just buy this guy a root split and hand deliver it to him on his job site. Good lord

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can see that you're a bit on the edge and I understand why. sbrn33 has been gone a long time and it's really getting to you.

But don't fret, he should be back from Cabo any day now. We should throw him a welcome back party thread.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.